Senior Cloud Architect
The Cloud Architecture and Administration team is seeking cloud professionals proficient in administering either AWS GovCloud and/or Azure cloud service platforms. Become part of a team responsible for fostering cloud adoption within the client.
At least five years’ demonstrated experience in an administration role supporting cloud platforms.
Technical Skills Requirement:
• Developing software according to software development lifecycles (SDLCs), including DevOps, Agile, Lean, Iterative, or Waterfall.
• Designing, deploying, and migrating secure and maintainable systems for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) environments.
• DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, containers, and related best practices for cloud deployment.
• Service offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure (Government platform experience preferred).
• Understanding of cloud-based architectures, web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
• Familiarity with loose coupling, stateless systems, and best practices for designing cloud-ready applications.
• Understanding of cloud federation technologies such as SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect and how to apply these technologies to enterprise and public-facing applications.
• Awareness of cloud information security risks and best practices, especially in highly secure operating environment.
• Understanding of cloud vendor cost structures and the ability to optimize solutions for cost effectiveness.
• Experience transitioning legacy systems to cloud-ready architecture.
• Understanding of RESTful Web Services, XML, or JSON.
• Familiarity with government cloud deployments ( clientRAMP, FISMA, high security environments).
Highly Desirable Skills (not mandatory):
• Proficient in at least one high-level programming languages such as Python, PowerShell or Infrastructure as Code (AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM/Bicep, Terraform, etc)
• Experience with direct configuration and management of AWS or Azure components
• Experience with designing or implementing cloud architectures for analytics/data processing/machine learning use-cases, such as data lakes, lake formations, etc
• Experience with containerization as a strategy for cloud-enabling legacy applications
• Familiarity with the Well Architected Framework
• Experience with defining platform requirements
• Experience in managing ADConnect sync scope and customization of sync rules to meet business requirements
• Understanding of high-level O365 tenant management and strong experience with the migration on-premise Microsoft collaboration platform to Office 365
• High-level understanding in the underpinnings of SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive, and ExchangeOnline
• Strong PowerShell background with experience in automating administrative tasks in O365 using modules such as MSOL, AzureAD, AzureRM, PnP, and ExchangeOnlineManagement
• Understanding of Azure AD management, including experience in:
• Managing Conditional Access rules
• Assigning Licenses
• Creating dynamic and static groups
• Privileged Identity Management and Identity Protection
• Azure App Principals
• Business to Business (B2B) Trust
• Experience in designing Azure landing zone architecture for IaaS and SaaS deployments
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.