Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process. Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise product delivery process or the enterprise order fulfillment process. At this
level, projects are of moderate scope and responsibility or may be a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process; decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors and/or
managers. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work for support personnel, contractors and suppliers.
MAJOR DUTIES: Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
* Provides support and trouble shooting for current operations. Investigates,gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
* Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
* Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
* Develops and implements plans to support lean manufacturing through the client Production System of moderate scope. Designs operations layouts.Improves material flow and material presentation.
* Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
* Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
* Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
What Skills You Need (Required skills/experiences)
• Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools
• Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance and facilities
• Experience with Design for Manufacturing, incentive pay systems, and Ergonomics.
• Knowledge of capital budgeting and capital equipment justification process
• Background in Engineering (manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.)
• Effective communication, problem-solving skills, and experience working on a team.
What Makes You Stand Out (Desired skills/experiences)
• 2 or more years' experience in one or more related areas: Manufacturing Engineering, Material Flow, Operations, Product Design, Supply Management, or Quality
• 1 or more years with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools
• Experience working with Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP)
• Experience with SAP, Creo-view, AutoCAD, and MAAP
• Demonstrated Project Management abilities
• Proven record of continuous improvement projects
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology Discipline
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Creo, and SAP.
These will be 1st shift positions with overtime possible (7 am to 3:30 pm) but candidates must be open to working 3rd shift if the need arises (this is based on build schedules and is for short durations 2-3 months at a time).
Business casual dress code, will need metatarsals for first day.
This position could travel to other client location facilities for training.
Potential for worker to drive Gator after successfully completing training.
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.