SAP ABAP Consultant
Job Posted on (May 25, 2023)
Reference Number: SRILSS25211
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer - SAP ABAP
Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver functionality for the complete product or products it supports.
This level designs complex/significant parts of a system/sub-system or works on a complete product of a broad scope and solves well-defined problems with little guidance.
May act as a work lead, providing technical coaching to other engineers and support personnel; Recognized as an expert user of critical technology; develops new software functionality for product development.
Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
* Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
* Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
* Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
* Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
* Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
* Mentors junior software engineers on the team.
Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential functions.
Technical Skills & Knowledge: Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
* Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
* Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
* Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
* Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
(University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
* Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
(University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
Relevant work experiences:
Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
* Product design, test and/or analysis experience. (4 - 7 years)
* Previous experience in programming/software development. (4 - 7 years)
* Software development processes experience. (4 - 7 years)
* Participating in Agile Development (4 - 7 years)
* Experience working in an Agile Environment (4 - 7 years)
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Relevant Work Experience
• 7+ years of ABAP development environment (Object Oriented ABAP) and SAP NetWeaver Gateway experience
• Demonstrated working experience with BAPIs, BADIs, ALE, RFCs, IDOCS, Enhancements, SmartForms, Dynpro, ECC 6.0, and/or User exits (development functions) and technical change management tools
• 3+ years of experience supporting solutions by answering general questions, resolving break/fix issues, and working on process enhancements
• 1+ years of TDD, automated test script creation experience utilizing ABAP Unit, Worksoft, SAP ATC, Cypress, Puppeteer etc
• 1+ years of experience with Agile/Scaled Agile methodology and full life-cycle development
• Ability to analyze business requirements and define/document technical solutions
• Interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
• Applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints knowledge
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Relevant Work Experience
• Experience in Order Fulfillment, Order Processing, SAP Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Vehicle Management System (VMS)
• Experience with Java web development with Spring and RESTful APIs
• 1 or more years of experience with DevOps principles and lean development such as Continuous Integration (e.g. GitHub) and Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkins, Active Control etc.)
• Working understanding of design patterns and loosely coupled architectures
• Experience configuring and implementing system execution/quality monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Grafana, Graylog, SAP Focused Run, SonarQube, nGeniusONE etc.
• SAP UI5/Fiori experience
• Understanding of SAP HANA database administration
• Experience in SAP Cloud Platform
Experience with Public Cloud services in AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
Specific Position Requirements
This team is currently working a hybrid schedule (onsite Tues, Wed, Thurs) – that onsite requirement may change depending on the needs of the team.
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.