Software Engineer III
Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver functionality for the complete product or products it supports. This level designs complex/significant parts of a system/sub-system or works on a complete product of a broad scope and solves well-defined problems with little guidance. May act as a work lead, providing technical coaching to other engineers and support personnel; Recognized as an expert user of critical technology; develops new software functionality for product development.
Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
* Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
* Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
* Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
* Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
* Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
* Mentors junior software engineers on the team.
Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential functions.
Competencies and target level:
The leadership level of the job determines competencies in the client Competency Model. Resources can be found in the Talent Central Self Service Portal.
Technical Skills & Knowledge: Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
* Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
* Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
* Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment (Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.)
Education: Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
* Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
(University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
* Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
(University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
Relevant work experiences: Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
* Product design, test and/or analysis experience. (4 - 7 years)
* Previous experience in programming/software development. (4 - 7 years)
* Software development processes experience. (4 - 7 years)
* Participating in Agile Development (4 - 7 years)
* Experience working in an Agile Environment (4 - 7 years)
Specific Position Requirements
Required Skills • Experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions leveraging change management processes
• 5+ years of experience with Java web development with Spring and RESTful APIs
• 5+ years of experience in AWS using Infrastructure as Code
• 3+ years of experience with TDD and acceptance test-driven development utilizing J-Unit, Cucumber, Jest, Puppeteer, Enzyme, etc.
• 3+ years of experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• 3+ years of experience Varied database experience like DB2, Postgres, MongoDB.
• Deep understanding of security frameworks, authentication and authorization schemes
• Proficient in interpersonal communication, collaboration and building working relationships
• Strong understanding of Agile and XP practice
• Demonstrated passion for technical learning and identifying areas for innovation
Education • Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.